Sunday, May 21, 2006

Osprey


I have been so busy the last few days taking pictures I haven't had time to post any. Coming home from Rothesay late this afternoon I noticed this fellow and his companion along the Hammond River taking a break from fishing. Carolyn stopped long enough for me to jump out of the car. He was up high and well hidden in the trees on the river side. I was able to walk slowly to a somewhat clear spot where I took this shot. Sorry but that is the best I could do as he didn't hang around long enough for me to get in a better position. Like I have said many times before, " it isn't perfect but it is the best I could do given the circumstances".

I have a number of new pictures to post. If it rains tomorrow I should have a good assortment of the boat launch at Rothesay Yacht Club on Saturday.

2 Comments:

At May 22, 2006 10:12 AM, Blogger Just Us Girls said...

Great shot! He looks like he is looking at you..

Beautiful picture..


Hugs Papa Papa

 
At May 22, 2006 11:30 AM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

He was definately looking at me as a threat. He started watching me as soon as I got out of the car. I walked as slow as I could trying to get a clear shot and the closer I got the grater the chances he would take off. I snapped this picture and moved along the road for a better shot when he let out a couple of screeches and took off. That would have been an awesome picture if it weren't for him being hidden by the trees. Oh well, reasons to try again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home