Friday, June 30, 2006

Soaking Wet





Anxious to get a few pictures this morning I stopped along Hammond River Road to snap these few pictures. No sooner had I secured my camera on the tripod when the heavens opened up. Here I was huddled under my umbrella trying to protect my camera from the rain that kept coming down harder and harder. Unable to do anything but stand there I snapped these pictures, the last one at ISO 1600 in order to get a high enough shutter speed to compensate for the poppy's movement in the wind. I looked a bit like the poppies when I was done but my camera gear remained dry. You should have seen the looks I got from the passing motorists.

2 Comments:

At July 01, 2006 2:25 PM, Blogger Just Us Girls said...

I am sure the passing motorists thought you were CRAZY! LOL!

Beautiful pics. Actually I am shocked you would risk getting your dear camera wet!!!!

 
At July 02, 2006 3:10 PM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

CLY;

You are correct to be shocked but I sacrificed myself in order to keep my precious camera gear dry. It remained dry but I got soaked.

Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home