Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Harding's Pond - Quispamsis




I was taking reflection pictures at Harding's Pond when this fellow, looking for breakfast, sneaked up and landed nearby. His approach was so silent I didn't see him until he was touching down. Since I was already there he did not see me as a threat and pretty well ignored me as snapped happily away.

When arrived at the pond the sun was just rising and the mist had not completely burned off. The early morning 'orange glow' is hard to miss.

2 Comments:

At October 10, 2006 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool....love the reflections. Very neat graphic designs created.

 
At October 10, 2006 2:29 PM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

Hi Mrs. Rule;

This spot is only a mile from home. I was heading to the Hammond river for some early morning pictures when the reflections and mist in Harding's Pond caught my eye as I drove by. I parked in a field and walked back getting some strange looks from the folks heading to work.

I had my tripod with me as the light was weak in the shadows and I don't have the steadiest hands when zoomed out to 300 mm. I waited a few minutes for the sun to reach the trees but not the pond. I was getting ready to switch lenses to the 18 - 70 mm when Mr Heron flew in. I saw him fly over a minute or two before but he was low and almost behind the trees and I only got a brief glimpse before he disappeared. I wish I had identified him then as I would have got some really neat pictures of him gliding in for a landing. As it was I was concentration on the reflection of the moon in the pond when he came in and landed.

Needless to say I didn't have to go far for today's pictures.

Paul...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home