Thursday, April 19, 2007

Mr Coon

I caught this same raccoon yesterday but he was so muddy and scared I let him go with a stern warning to not come back. Well guess who was back in the live trap again this morning? This picture was taken moments before I released him in the woods far from home near water and a field where he hopefully will find some mice to feed on. We have had a couple of incidences of total and needless deaths in the bird house next doors where several white doves, call ducks, and other foul were mercilessly slaughtered by raccoons.

Had I been unable to convince my neighbor to live trap and relocate the raccoons you can guess what would have happened to this little fellow as well as the 10 or more other raccoons that have been live trapped and relocated in the last two years.

2 Comments:

At April 19, 2007 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I KNEW it was the SAME damn raccoon!! He was to calm, just like the other one....or now I know HE is the SAME one.

Papa, your naughty.....If he got in and killed our animals Phil would trap you LOL! *grin*

I won't tell if you dont!

 
At April 19, 2007 10:11 PM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

Daughter of mine;

I don't know how it could possibly be the same raccoon. The raccoon I released was full of mud and dirt and looked like a big blob of mud bouncing across my back lawn. Poor little critter. I doubt if this fellow was looking for anything more than a pawfull of bird food although he left my bird feeders alone for a change. Usually they get those first.

Papa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home