Thursday, March 15, 2012

Worden Road Waterfalls - March 12 2012.








I went to one of my favorite waterfall locations on the Kingston Peninsula this past Monday in order to capture some photos before the winters ice had all melted. Here are a few of my favorite pictures. This is definitely sign that Spring is on the way. For some of the close-ups I used my 70-200mm lens and a 1.7 times teleconverter. All were taken using a tripod, mirror lock-up and a shutter release cable. There was so much wet slippery ice I was more than once tempted to tie myself and my camera gear to a tree in order to prevent a ungraceful slide and dive off the riverbank and into the brook.

4 Comments:

At March 16, 2012 1:00 AM, Blogger Frank Loomer said...

Hey Paul
I liked the processed shots, handled nicely indeed. I was wondering, offhand, where some HDR like processing migh tnot be interesting to see what might emerge.

 
At March 16, 2012 7:48 AM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

I never thought of HDR for the waterfall pictures but that does sound like something to try. There is a lot of high dynamic range in many of my images here and likely it would work quite well.

 
At March 20, 2012 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you have to be a bit crazy to love photography.
I've done a few crazy things to get a picture.
Be safe or no one will see that one great picture you were after. b

 
At March 20, 2012 11:30 AM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

Hi Barb, good to have you back...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home