Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sept 2 2006 Pictures









Rita and I went for a little field trip today. Here are a few of the pictures I took.

#1 - Algae on Ossekeag Marsh in Hampton. I knew the lighting was such when I took this picture it would look like a field of snow. There was virtually no color in the image so it was easy to convert to black and white.

#2 - Grass in the river at the Darlings Island covered bridge. Caught my eye so I thought I would see what I could do with it.

$3 & 4 - Wild roses at the the Darlings Island covered bridge. I tried to capture the dew on the pedals but the light was quite strong.

#5 - Taken from the highway looking across towards Hampton and the Lower Norton Shore Road. Not too often I have been past there when the water was so calm.

#6 - Algae and reflections in the Ossekeag Marsh. Taken pointing 90 degrees from #1.

7 & 8 - Old abandoned church in Lower Jemseg. Being used to store junk.

4 Comments:

At September 03, 2006 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#7 is my favourite of the day! The lighting, colour and saturation all combine to give a rich, peaceful scene. I could just sit there with a good book and relax. Great job!!

 
At September 05, 2006 9:30 AM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

Hi Mrs Thirds.

I have been somewhat under the weather since Saturday evening and am still not 100%. Hopefully in the next couple of days I will start to feel better. We had a good day Saturday and think we spent more time visiting than taking pictures. I plan to put descriptions of the pictures on here sometime too.

 
At September 06, 2006 10:16 PM, Blogger gillian said...

Hi Paul!! I hope you're feeling better soon.
You really scared me a bit with that first picture, it really looks like snow!! I was getting worried that my trip home would be much colder than expected!
Take care,
Gilly :)

 
At September 07, 2006 10:36 AM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

Hi Gillian;

I am up to 67.8% and climbing slowely. This has been a really nasty bug. I am starting to come around and was up and dressed this morning before 8 Am.

Yes, as in #1, it is kind of neat when a picture of one thing looks like something totally different. I didn't do anything in Photoshop other than convert a virtually colorless image to black and white. The only reason I did that was because the really bright spots in the foreground had a red halo around them and ruined the effect.

Saw your Dad at Tim's this morning.

Paul...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home