Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Crow and the Eagle





Carolyn and I were outside Hampton this morning when we noticed a murder of crows harassing four or five Bald Eagles. Carolyn was driving and I was sitting in the passenger's seat trying to steady the camera and shoot out the window while she called out the action. I managed to catch this little bit of action before I was able to get out of the car and set up my tripod.

This Crow would not give up harassing what I take to be an Immature Bald Eagle and repeatedly dive bombed him. When he got too close, (photo #2) the Eagle flipped over on his back, (photo #3) in attempt to end the fight. The crow fortunately escaped but soon abandoned the pursuit.

There was another group of eight to ten crows harassing another adult down by the Kennebecasis River but they were too far away to capture with my camera. Now if I just had that 600 mm lens.....

2 Comments:

At November 04, 2006 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone sees eagles but ME!!!

 
At November 04, 2006 6:07 PM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

You know if you ever get a chance to go shooting with me I can show you Eagles, Osprey, or Turkey Vultures. Neat stuff like that. Blue sky is best for pictures though.

Paul...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home