Sunday, August 13, 2006

Odds and Ends - #1




I have been busy sorting pictures from Fundy and spending time with my grandkids. I have taken a hundred or so pictures since I returned from Fundy and they need to be dealt with soon. How come whenever I need a day or two of wet weather it never comes?

I am sure glad I went to digital for if I hadn't I would not have any money for anything other than film and developing. Here are a couple of pictures I have taken recently. I threw one in from Fundy that I helped Mother Nature out with a bit with the coloring.

#1 - Meenan's Cove Beach Friday night and a yet another sunset. Handheld at ISO 1600, 1/100", F5, and 85 mm.

#2 - St Paul's Church in Rothesay with a rented Tamron 90 mm macro lens.

#3 - Flower at Fundy National Park that I reworked a bit. Taken with the Tamron 90 mm Macro lens.

2 Comments:

At August 13, 2006 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual, thanks for the specs on the pictures! You know I'll always ask! But I do have one question, how did you get the boat so bright? Is it because of the ISO or a flash or was the moon that bright...? The clouds are dark and ominus yet the boat looks so bright and "cheery." Very cool effect. It just draws you right in to the shot.

...and how are the grandkids? They look like perfect little angels on your daughters blog!

 
At August 13, 2006 11:25 AM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

Hello Mrs Rule;

No flash, just natural light. I know I shouldn't have put the boat in the center of my picture, one of your rules I think, but there was no other way to take a balanced picture. I love breaking the rules. I had my 70 - 300 mm lens on, the other wider angle zoom lens was back in the car, and there was no time to run and get it.

In case you are not familiar with the area the sun was actually setting much further to the right of the boat, way outside the frame. The heavy cloud cover makes it look like it is setting to the left of the boat but it isn't. That won't happen until November or December when the sun moves around to that part of the sky.

The girls are doing great. I didn't get to see Mya yesterday but Kayli was over for a visit. The kids are heading to Rockwood Park today. Carolyn and I are going to the Scavanger Hunt party in Sussex for 2 Pm. The slide show will be fun too.Will you be there? I hope you win in a couple of categories. I likely won't as I was having more fun watching everyone else take their pictures than to concentrate on mine.

Paul...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home