Monday, November 20, 2006

More Field Trip Pictures



#1 is a picture I took at a marsh on the Kingston Peninsula yesterday. It is what I call a semi -montage. That means I blended an in-focus picture with a out-of-focus picture to boost the colors but I also reduced the opacity to retain some of the detail in the shadows. The colors and saturation have not been altered other than what the blending does to them.

#2 was taken last evening a couple of minutes before the setting sun exploded into a large vivid red glow. When I realized that was happening I was not able to get to a loaction where I could capture it. I call it the one that got away....again...

2 Comments:

At November 21, 2006 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome shots. I was out playing in the sunset the other night. You blink and you miss it this time of year.

 
At November 21, 2006 9:36 AM, Blogger Paul Wood said...

Hi Rule;

Yes sunsets are impossible to predict and change every second. Carolyn and I were heading to the Village for supper and she was driving. I managed to convince her to stop along the Model Farm Road so I could sneak down a driveway to get a shot of the setting sun. If I had been alone I would have stayed umtil it was over but she is not the most patient person to take on a photo expedition. I fired off a couple of pictures and away we went. When we got to the Gondola Point Arterial I know I should have stayed a bit longer. There was absolutely nowhere where I could go and get a picture so I enjoyed glimpses of the setting sun as we drove through the Village.

Paul...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home